Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Our Doggy Freddy

We lost our beloved dog Freddy on May 28th he was 12 years old. 
He hadn't been feeling well for a few days, but we thought it was just the heat and his arthritis. I had been checking on him through out the day and he just didn't seem himself. He wasn't moving much and hadn't eating. We came home from swim practice and I went out to see him...he was just laying in his hole panting...I knew that wasn't good. I brought his food over to him to coax him to eat, but he just didn't want to move. I called Tim to get home as soon as he could because we had to take Freddy to the vet. My brother Todd came over to see how Freddy was doing. We got Freddy out of his hole, but he wasn't moving much. We finally were able to get him into the house where he just laid down and was breathing so hard. I knew when we brought Freddy in and he went straight to his mat that this was really bad. Freddy was such an active dog and if he were feeling good would have been trying to find the cat. My heart was breaking, I knew we would have to put him to sleep. It was just happening so fast, we were not prepared for this. Tim took Freddy to the vet and it turns out that the x-ray showed that cancer had developed in his lungs. So sad. It was heartbreaking saying good bye to him. I just couldn't believe he wasn't coming back to his home.
 Trent reading his Pokemon book to Freddy.
The little time Terra had with Freddy she loved him. She wasn't afraid of him and when he would get in her face she would just push him away. She loved his kisses.
Terra playing her music for her doggy.
Freddy you are missed so very much. I miss looking out the back window and seeing you laying in your hole or out on the lawn soaking up the sun. I miss your barking (didn't think I would ever say that) and your sloppy kisses. I am glad that you didn't suffer for too long, you were too good of a dog to be in pain. I am glad you passed away peacefully with your Dad by your side, he misses you so. We are so glad you were our doggy, we loved you so much and we will always remember you. Rest in peace my sweet dog and make sure you give Batman a sloppy kiss for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment