Monday, December 12, 2011

Trent runs his first 5k

Tim and Trent's tradition of running in the Santa Monica Christmas Run dates back to 2005. Tim had made the decision that year to get in shape and he had a goal of running in a 5k.  He ran while pushing Trent in the Burley buggy.  The next year Trent ran in the Kids 1k and has run in that race every year since then.  This year Tim knew Trent could step it up and run in the 5k.  It took a little bit of convincing, but Trent got on board.  I think it helped that Stephanie was going to come out and run it with them.
Here are some pictures from past runs.
2006 - Kids 1k
Father and Son

Leaving someone in the dust...2007 Run
All done and he got his ribbon.
I couldn't find any pictures from 2008...bummer!
Running in 2009
Having fun!
Finishing!
All smiles!
Off to a good start in 2010
There he goes...
Almost done.
My boys!
Stephanie joined Tim and Trent for the 5k Run.
Passing people left and right.
They are almost done with race.
Blowing me a kiss...
I think he his smiling because he can see the finish line.
Yay Baby I just ran a 5k!!
A big thanks to my long time friend Stephanie for running alongside and cheering my boy onto the finish.
Before the race we talked about goals and Trent thought he could run the race in 2 hours.  We all chuckled and Stephanie said I think we can run the race and have breakfast in 2 hours. Trent thought about it a bit more and brought his goal time down to 50 minutes. Well, he beat his goal and ran the 5k in 47 minutes and placed 1,404 out of 1,521 runners.  I am so proud of Trent and thankfully to Tim for creating this tradition with him. Trent was so proud of himself and that's because he has a great Daddy that pushes him a bit because he knows he has the potential to do great things.

No comments:

Post a Comment