Thursday, January 6, 2011

Christmas

The holidays are over and it all went by too quickly.  We had a great Christmas. I have to say that seeing Christmas through your child's eyes is amazing.  It gives me a whole new prospective and I see how much each tradition we do means to Trent and how it relates to his overall experience. Trent is a creature of habit like myself.  Every morning he would eat his chocolate (don't judge me) from his Advent calendar, cut off a ring on his Christmas chain and then right before we would leave the house each day he would place his magnet on the felt Christmas tree counting down to Christmas.  All was right with the day when we kept with our traditions.
Trent was so excited going to sleep on Christmas Eve, I wasn't sure if he would ever fall asleep.  He woke up Christmas morning just as excited as the night before.  He ran into the living room to see what Santa left him.  He loved all that Santa brought him.  The first gift he went for was the Hedgehog game he wanted.  He was so excited that Santa remembered he wanted it.  He moved onto the DS games, the globe, the Star Wars and Super Hero books, Mad Libs and so much more.  Santa definitely spoiled our boy, he must have been a good boy in the past year.
Tim got some fun stuff from REI that he really liked.  Trent was excited for Tim to see what Clif bars he had picked for him.  I was excited to see what jewelry Trent had picked out for me.  He got me a beautiful silver cross, a very pretty, but a bit too bling for me bracelet and a gorgeous pair of fancy earrings.  Trent had picked out the jewelry for me all on his own.  Tim is so good about letting Trent decide what to get me.  There was one piece of jewelry that Tim had to put his foot down and tell Trent to pick out something else for me.  Trent wanted to get me this ring so bad that he was willing to give up going to Disneyland for a year and told Tim he could just work harder so he could get the ring.  Tim told Trent that the ring was too expensive and he wasn't sure if it was quite me. Trent disagreed and was adamant that I would love the ring.  Tim and the salesperson were able to persuade Trent to get me the other pieces of jewelry.  I love finding out what Trent thinks I like, it's so precious.
After opening our presents, we headed off to church.  I was a bit nervous on the way to church because I was going to read a bible verse, Luke, Chapter 2, verses 1-14 in front of the congregation.  It would be the first time that a bible verse would be read by a church member after the text word was read by the minister.  I had read the verse numerous times in my head and when the time came to read it in front of the church members I did a pretty good job, Trent agreed too.  Of course, I could have slowed down a bit more, but all in all it went pretty well.  
From church we headed up to my Grandpa's in Tehachapi.  We were looking forward to celebrating Christmas with my family.  My Uncle and his wife were in from Minnesota, so it would be good to see and spend time with them.  For dinner we were having ham and a turducken, which everyone was looking forward too.  I am not a big fan of ham (Tim says I can't even say the word ham without making some sort of gross look), so I was hoping that I would like the turducken, which I did.
Trent loved playing Santa again and Jake was his helper.  They were so cute handing out gifts.  My parents got Tim and I a single cup coffee maker.  I was so excited to get this gift.  My Mom and I had talked about the coffee maker, but I was reluctant to get it because I wasn't sure we had the counter space.  Well, she thought we did and got it for us.  I am so glad she did.  I was like a kid when I saw it and started to shriek a bit.  I found counter space (as soon as we got home) for the coffee maker and we are enjoying delicious coffee each morning.  
I will say it again, we had a great Christmas.  I love our families and we are so lucky to have all of them.
The beautiful ring Trent wanted to get me.

The goodies Santa left for Trent.
Trent hugging the Hedgehog game.
Reading the note Santa left for him.
Playing his new Batman DS game.
Trying out the dual lightsabers.
A goofy smile, of course.
Pictures before church.
Trent and Jake delivering presents.
Trent opening his keyboard from Grandpa and Grandma.
Playing outside in the cold.
Shooting the bebe gun.

No comments:

Post a Comment