Friday, December 17, 2010

Ladies Getaway

I recently went on a weekend getaway with three girlfriends.  We were celebrating my good friend Kelly's 35th birthday.  The plans for this weekend had been in the works since September.  We planned to visit the wineries in Temecula during the day on Saturday, then enjoy a yummy dinner at Shogun, which is Kelly's favorite restaurant.  On Sunday, we planned to relax at the Glen Ivy Spa and then head on home back to reality.
I had never been to the wineries in Temecula, so I wasn't sure what to expect. We signed up to be picked up at our hotel by a shuttle that would take us around to the wineries for the day.  Again, I wasn't sure what to expect, but I was pleasantly surprised with how everything turned out.  We had an amazing tour guide, who was so accommodating and helpful.  Our tour guide Melissa told the bus full of people that we were mellow now, but just wait until we hit the first winery and got a little wine in us, we would all be ready to party.  Boy was she right.  After the first winery the shuttle was alive with chatting, singing and some dancing.  It was great.  We visited five wineries, had a delicious lunch and had a wonderful day.  On the way back to our hotel, the shuttle was rockin' with people dancing in the front and maybe at times enjoying themselves a bit too much.  I am not much of a dancer, so I applaud those who got up and danced, but one girl in particular was getting down a bit too much. I am pretty sure she had a little too much wine. 
We had a great day at the wineries, but it was nice to get back to the hotel and take a little nap before dinner.  We all needed to take some aspirin, drink some water and relax a bit.  Dinner at Shogun was fun.  I hadn't been to a Shogun in years and it isn't on my top 10 list of restaurants I like, but I had a good time and the food was pretty good.  Not sure if it was a $30 meal, but I guess you pay for watching the chef prepare the food in front of you.
Sunday morning came too quick.  We enjoyed breakfast at the hotel and then headed off to Glen Ivy.  The day was overcast and drizzly, so we weren't going to get a suntan laying by the pool, but we had a relaxing day.
It was a great weekend getaway and I had so much fun laughing with my friends, but I was happy to get home and see my boys.


Let the adventure begin...

Birthday Girl.
This was after the first winery...all smiles and giggles.
Kelly and Stacey with our tour guide Melissa.
Love this picture!  We were at the Callaway Winery.

No comments:

Post a Comment