Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A few days off...

     Trent finally got a few days off school.  Well, more than a few days off, he had a week and a half off.  It was a much needed break.  He had been in school for 10 weeks straight and I could tell he needed a break (and maybe me too).  His first day off school was Thursday and we slept in, well I tried too at least.  In the evening, we had his end of the soccer season party at Chuck E Cheese, which was fun.  On Friday, Tim and I went to Trent's Parent/Teacher Conference and we got a great report from Trent's teacher.  He is doing so well in school and is reading at the 3rd grade level.  He must get his reading skills from me.  After the conference me, Trent and Jake headed to Disneyland for the day.  We had a great time.  Trent and Jake were such good boys and enjoyed spending the day at Disneyland.  The weather was perfect and the crowds weren't too bad.  
     The weekend was filled with birthday parties, one of which was Tim's 35th birthday.  We celebrated at Dave & Buster's with family and friends.  Monday morning came and Trent finally slept in a bit.  We had a playdate with a classmate of Trent's at Jumpin' Jammin', which was so much fun.  On Tuesday, Trent slept in a little longer (yes!).  He was getting back to his sleeping in routine, I was so happy to get some extra sleep too.  We had lunch at In-N-Out and then headed out to see Zachary play goalie in his first Frosh/Soph soccer game.  It was so cold and windy out in Valencia, but it worth freezing to see Zachary play.  The week was going by so quickly and on Wednesday Trent and I ate at our favorite Mexican restaurant where Trent gets a corn dog and Spanish rice.  Crazy kid.  Tim and I had a party to go to in the evening, so Trent was babysat, which is a treat for him.  Thursday, of course, was Thanksgiving and then the long weekend, which was relaxing and fun.  The end of Trent's school break came to an end on Sunday.  We put Trent to bed early because Monday morning was going to come quick and I wasn't looking forward to waking Trent up at 6:30 a.m. or getting up early myself.
     Monday morning wasn't as bad as it could have been.  Trent was happy to go back to school and I was happy to get back to our routine.  It was nice to have this break with Trent.  We didn't have too much scheduled, which was good.  We just took it easy and had fun.  I have said this before, but I am thankful for the life we have and that I was able to take time off work and this is all because of Tim and how hard he works to give us the lifestyle we have.
Trent and Jake standing in line for Jungle Cruise, first ride of the day.
The boys loved seeing Winnie the Pooh.
Waiting for the train.
Last ride of the day and they were still smiling so big.
Celebrating Tim's 35th birthday.
Of course, playing a Star Wars video game.

No comments:

Post a Comment