Friday, December 21, 2012

Our Baby Girl

A post that has been in the making for a long time...Towards the end of my pregnancy I was barely sleeping at night. I think that my body was preparing me for what was to come once I had the baby. The night before my scheduled c-section I think I did close my eyes, but to say that I slept would be an overstatement. I had so many emotions running through me...I was nervous, excited, scared, happy, you name it I felt it. 
My c-section was scheduled for 5:30 p.m., which meant we had to be at the hospital at 3:30 p.m., which then meant that I was stressed out for most of the day. I was trying to get all the last minute things done, trying to rest a bit, but mostly just watching the minutes tick by on the clock until it was time to leave for the hospital. The day was creeping by and at around 2:30 p.m. Tim's Mom Cindy came to pick up Trent. He was going to spend the next several days with Cindy and John. Trent was so excited to be going to Grandma and Grandpa's house where almost anything goes. As Trent was leaving he started to tear up and said only a few more hours of me being a only child. Oh that broke my heart, but we told him that he was going to be a big brother and that was so much better. The tears didn't last long and before we knew it he was in the car and we were waving good-bye. Tim and I still had time before we needed to leave for the hospital, again I tried to relax, but just watched the time slowly pass. Finally, it was time to leave and I really started to get nervous.  Reality was setting in and I was really going to have this baby. She was really going to come out of me, she was finally going to be here. I was finally going to be able to hold her, kiss her and tell her I love her.
Once we got to the hospital things went really smoothly. The nurses were great and everything was on schedule for the 5:30 p.m. c-section, there was no turning back. I was trying to keep it together and trying not to show how nervous I was. Once I got into the operating room and I was given the spinal there really was no turning back. I just kept telling myself I can do this, the pain won't be that bad afterwards and the reward is just so great, so get it together and try to remember every little thing because this is only going to happen once. Thankfully, my doctor arrived shortly after my pep talk to myself and show began.
Terra Jennifer was born at 6:03 p.m. on November 21st, which is her Daddy's birthday too. Trent was born the day before my birthday and Terra was born on Tim's birthday, our children have taken over our birthdays and that's ok with us.
The best thing next to Terra being born was that I got to see her being pulled out of me. The anesthesiologist lifted me up so I could look over the draped sheet and see my daughter for the first time. It was so cool (and kind of an out of body experience because I couldn't feel a thing) to see Terra for the first time and to hear her cry as soon as she came out of me. She didn't stop crying until she was swaddled and being held by her Daddy.
 The first few minutes of life outside the womb...she spent it crying.
 7 lbs. 12 oz and 21 inches long.
 The nurse showing her to me.
 All swaddled up, so cute!
 Getting an up close look at my baby.
The anesthesiologist took all these great photos. He was awesome!
After the operating room, I went to recovery where Trent got to meet his baby sister.
 Having some skin to skin time.
 Precious!
 Check out her long fingers.
Trent all smiles as he looks at Terra.
 Our family is now complete with Terra.
My brother Todd visiting us in recovery.
After the recovery room, we went to our room where we would live for the next 4 days. In those 4 days, we had lots of visitors (unfortunately we don't have pictures of everyone).
Trent and John came by on Thanksgiving morning. 
Trent was so excited to see Terra. He couldn't wait to hold her.
 Auntie April
 Cousin Madison
 Cousin Zachary
 Uncle Jeff
 Tim's cousin Alli
 Our friend Amy
 Our friend Stephanie
 Auntie Ashley and cousin Jake
 Jake holding Terra. He was nervous, but he did a great job.
 I was so excited to be going home.
I am sure Terra was excited to be going home too.
We couldn't stop taking pictures of Terra while we were in the hospital.
 Terra already has Daddy wrapped around her finger.
 
 Dressed in her going home outfit.
Terra will be a month old on Friday and I can honestly say this month has flown by. She is such a good baby, of course, she has her crying fits, but that's ok with me. We waited a long time for her to come into our lives and I will take the crying fits any day and at any time of the day...even at 2:00 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment