Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Camping with Daddy

Tim had this wild idea that he was going to take the kids camping all by himself...I wasn't invited and I didn't dare invite myself because I was looking forward to a little time by myself. And sleeping on the ground in a tent in very close quarters doesn't really sound too appealing to me.  So, I told Tim sounds like a great idea and I'm sure you will have a great time. 
Tim made this decision before looking at the weather for the weekend. It had been on the cooler side during the week, so he wasn't too worried about it being hot, well it turned out that it was going to be quite hot. The heat wasn't going to deter him though, he packed up and they headed up the Henninger Flats. 
 All smiles before they hike to camp.
The buggy was Terra's mode of transportation up to camp. Tim was so beat by the time he got to camp. He said he even considered turning around, but Trent encouraged him and tried to help him make it up the mountain.
 These too got settled into camp quite quickly. They enjoyed the hammock and exploring.
  Tim's view while resting in the hammock.
 Terra helping Tim with dinner. 
 Cute selfie!
 Beautiful views.
They were up early to head down the mountain. They had a bit of a rough start to going to sleep. Terra wasn't quite ready since she had a bit too much candy and nutella. Tim called me at 9:45 p.m. with Terra crying in the background. She had been crying for an hour and was refusing to go to sleep. I told him to rock her and sing to her and hopefully that would help calm her down. He did that and it did do the trick she fell asleep and slept hard until 5am!!
She slept the whole way down the mountain.
Happy, but exhausted!
Trent and Terra are so lucky to have Tim as their Dad. He is a great Dad and is always looking for fun adventures to take them on...even if it's hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment