Tuesday, April 7, 2015

What a fun day in the Desert!

We made our way out to the desert on Saturday to spend the day with Todd, Ashley, Jake, my cousins and their children and Tony and Angie. We were all excited, but I wasn't quite sure what to expect from the day. I didn't know if Trent would like riding on a quad or in the dune buggy, what was Terra going to do all day and hoping it wasn't going to be too hot. This was going to be Tim, Trent and Terra's first time out in the desert. I could tell Trent didn't know what to expect either, he was full of questions. As we turned off the main road and on to the dirt road Tim and Trent asked so how far do we go on this road. The answer was past the dry lake, up towards the hills and we will find the spot. It was like traveling down memory lane as we drove down the dirt road. Growing up my family would spend Thanksgiving and the long weekend out in the desert. My Mom being the great cook she was would cook up a huge Thanksgiving dinner with a turkey and all the sides on the camper stove and cooktop. Uncle Charlie, Aunt Mari, Chris and Melissa would join us for the weekend and we would always have a great time. I loved riding around for hours on my ATC and hiking up on the hill to explore. So, I was hoping the desert would be just as fun for my kids as it was for me...and it turned out it was.
We finally made it to the site and my cousins got there the night before, so the kids were all ready to show Trent, Terra and Jake around...there were a total of nine kids ranging from ages 10 to 1 1/2. Trent and Jake didn't waste anytime at all and went exploring on the hill with the kids. Terra and Gianna roamed around camp getting into everything. My cousin Chris' kids each have a Quad (4), so there was always a quad for Trent to ride on.
The kids were off exploring on the hill.

 Terra just wandering around...
Terra playing around on the quad.
Trent really surprised me with how well he did on the quad. I knew he would give it a try, but he got on the quad and didn't want to get off. He was speeding around, doing donuts, and just having a great time. I never thought he would have such a good time on it and take control of it like he did. I was a bit nervous at times seeing how fast he was going, but he always seemed in control, which was great to see.
 Speed Racer
 Terra and Gianna
 Jake riding the ATC that Todd rode when he was Jake's age.
 The gang
My cutie.
Taking a break from hiking and riding, the kids were patiently waiting for the easter egg hunt to start.
 The kids had a great time smashing the confetti eggs on each other.
Jake was such a good sport about Terra trying at least 3 times to crack the egg on his head.
And then Tim decides he wants to learn how to ride a motorcycle. He has never been on a motorcycle before, so definitely a good idea...I think next time he should try on a bike his size.
 Tony taking Trent for a ride in the razor.
 Dune buggy time.
I definitely wasn't prepared to go as fast as we did in the dune buggy. It goes so fast so quickly it takes your breath away. Crazy fast and fun!
Trent holding on for the ride. He got out of the dune buggy and his eyes were huge and he said that was so fun with a big smile.
 Terra probably wishing the quad would race around like the others.
Almost 30 years later Todd is still riding on the 70...Terra loved riding around on it with Uncle Todd.
Terra loved riding around. She would tell me faster, faster.
We had a great day and we can't wait to go again...next time we might have a quad or two of our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment