Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Spring Break

Trent was so excited about Spring Break, he needed a break from school and homework. Trent has become quite the planner in someways and he was obsessed with knowing what we were doing each day (almost to the hour) of Spring Break. At one point, I told him the plan for Monday and Tuesday and then said now just chill and let the week unfold and I am positive you will have fun.
Trent still had swim workouts the whole week in the afternoon...they don't take a spring break from swimming, so we would plan our days around workouts.
On Monday evening he spent the night at his good friend Jonah's house and they supposedly stayed up until a bit past midnight.  Boy was he tired the next day. Good thing on Tuesday we didn't have much to do...just a dentist appointment and swimming.
When Terra was sleeping we would play some Monopoly...Trent loves to leave it out and play it over the course of a few days. I took this picture because I stopped the game until he organized his money, it was driving me nuts. I guess being unorganized is an advantage because he beat me pretty good. He had hotels on some of his properties that I landed on quite often, which eventually bankrupted me. He was very pleased with himself.
On Wednesday, Terra went to school and Trent came with me to work. We went to lunch at In-n-Out and ran some errands before we picked up Terra from school.
Terra running after Jake.
On Thursday, Jake was with us in the afternoon. While Trent is swimming him and Terra play. After swim workout we went to Chuck E Cheese for dinner and games. It was so crowded there, but the kids had a great time.
Love the static.
Terra loves climbing up the slide and sometimes goes back down.
On Friday, we headed to the Zoo, it was Terra's first time. I was beginning to think it was going to be a long day if she wasn't even cooperating with taking a picture before the Zoo opened...
 Trent loved showing her around the Zoo.  He is such a great big brother.
 He took her to the top of the stairs to show her the seals.
 selfie!
 Terra did great walking around the zoo.
 One elephant.  :(
 A monkey eating his lunch.
 Jaguar
 So happy!
 Rhino!
Baby hippo with her parents. She was born on Halloween last year and it had been 26 years since a baby hippo had been born at the Zoo...so cool!
 A cute black bear wading in the water.
Terra checking out the map. Trent was obsessed with looking at the map to see where we were and exactly how to get to where we wanted to eat for lunch...imagine that!
 The crazy Chimps.
 
 Koalas...so cute!
 A huge Komodo Dragon.
 Terra had worn herself out and slept for a bit.
 This was a crazy looking alligator...the spikes on the back looked deadly. If I ever travel to Indonesia I don't want to encounter one of these.
This is a falcon chick, which Trent informed me is the fastest falcon...random facts is Trent's specialty.
We had a great time at the Zoo, even though the animals weren't quite as active as I thought they would be. It wasn't that hot, so I thought they would be out and ready to show off.
On Saturday, we picked up Jake and headed to Knott's Berry Farm. I hadn't been to Knott's in probably 20 years. Trent went during the summer with a friend and Jake had been recently, but I didn't know what to expect, so it was going to be an interesting day and I set my expectations low.
We got to the park when it opened.  One thing I liked about Knott's was the parking is so much closer to the entrance than Disneyland.  We didn't have to take a tram to the entrance, we just walked for a few minutes. Already off to a good start.
Our first ride (and only ride for me and Terra) was the Calico Mine ride. Both Trent and Jake had been on this ride before and they were happy to go again. Terra liked the ride, but held on to me pretty tightly.
Terra looks a bit unhappy her, but she wasn't...just really saying Cheese!
Cuties!
The stressful part of the day came when I let Jake and Trent stand in line by themselves. They stood in line for the log ride and all went well, so I thought they could do it again for the Rapids ride...the stress came when the line was over an hour and I was just getting nervous. With Terra sleeping and having waited about an hour I walked up to the handicapped entrance and tried to see if I could see them in line and I found them. They were almost to the front, so all was fine.
Running to me after the ride. Trent said he was getting nervous too because it was becoming such a long wait and he knew I would be nervous...aaahhh! 
I love him!
To end our day we had the famous funnel cake with ice cream and strawberries. It was delicious!
My favorite picture!
We didn't go on many rides and only stayed until 4, but we had a great time and we will definitely go back.
So, that was Trent's week of chillin' and I asked him on Sunday night if he had a good week and he said yes...so I did good.

No comments:

Post a Comment