Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Always a Good Time at Disneyland

Trent had one request that I had to make happen during his Fall break last week, that was to go to Disneyland. Trent has a week and a half break from school during the Thanksgiving holiday and we always go to Disneyland. Disneyland is all decorated for Christmas, we get to see Santa, sometimes stay for the fireworks and snow and just have fun. The days leading up to going Trent kept asking me if we were still going to Disneyland and would remind me that I said we were going. I would respond that, Yes Trent I am going to make it happen. I would remind him that with Terra going to Disneyland is way different and he just has to go with the flow. A few days prior to going Trent asked Cindy to come along because we "needed" another adult, which translates into Trent being able to go on more rides. Thankfully Cindy was able to go and Trent could not have been happier.
The day arrived and we headed to Disneyland around 9:00 a.m. We had to park on the top level and at about the farthest spot possible. I was not looking forward to the walk to the car at the end of the day, but we weren't going to let that get in our way of a good day. I had prepped Trent days prior that we weren't getting there early, so there could be a chance that we wouldn't get Fastpasses to Cars. So, when we got into CA Adventure around 10:30 and walked directly to the Fastpasses we sadly found out that they had all been given out for the day. Trent took it in stride and we moved on to getting his face painted.
When Trent was little he would not get within 10 feet of getting his face painted and now he loves it.
 Love it!
 Trent took a picture of me and Terra while we waited in line for the Ariel ride.
 The start of a smile.
 Her smile is so cute.
 She finally gave in and took a nap.
We spent the first half of the day at CA Adventure. Trent went on the carousal, we went on Ariel, had lunch, saw the Muppet's show, Trent and Cindy went on some rides in Bug's Land while Terra napped, we went on Soarin' (always a must) and then headed over to Disneyland.
 Pictures in front of the huge Christmas tree in Disneyland.
 I just love Trent's look...NOT!
 Seriously Trent!
 Take Two...a little better.
 The Magic Kingdom
This year they moved Santa's village to a much bigger spot, which was great. The line was long to see Santa, but that was ok, Cindy and the kids decorated a sugar cookie while I waited in line.
 Trent waited with me for a bit.
 So scary with the snake.
Terra did great seeing Santa. I think she probably would have freaked out if Trent wasn't there, but she kept it together.
 Terra looking up at Santa probably wondering who the heck this person is.
 We enjoyed the cookie Trent decorated for dessert after dinner.
We attempted to go on Small World, but the line was over an hour long. I love all the lights, so pretty and magical.
Trent always insists on going to Toontown, I am not a fan, but we went and Trent had to take a few pictures in the car...nutty.
A tired Terra. 
 Heading out of Disneyland, it was so crowded.
We couldn't last until the 9:30 p.m. fireworks and snow. It had been a long day and we headed out around 8:30 p.m. and, of course, we had to go to the World of Disney store, Trent got a movie and then we headed home. I am glad we made it to Disneyland and it was a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment