Monday, October 18, 2010

Finally...

It has been a long time coming, but we finally have a brand new dining room table, chairs and buffet.  When we moved into our house seven years ago, we were fortunate that Tim's parents wanted to buy some new furniture, so we were happy to take their furniture.  We were given a dining room table, 8 chairs, a beautiful hutch, coffee table, 2 end tables and a tv stand/cabinet.  I was so excited to get all these pieces that matched.  Tim and I had lived in apartments for 5 years with mix matched furniture, so it was so nice to have matching furniture.  Over the past few years we have started to replace that furniture with new furniture.  We are down to just the hutch and an end table.  I am not sure if I can part with the hutch just yet.
Tim and I started a tradition of buying furniture (or as Tim puts it capital goods) when we celebrated our first year wedding anniversary in Connecticut. We decided we needed a few things for our apartment and drove 3 hours to New Jersey to go to the closest Ikea.  We bought an entry table, a corner shelving unit and few other things for our apartment.  From that anniversary on we have tried to buy a piece of furniture (or again as Tim says a capital good).  We have been married 12 years and in those years we have bought a California King size bed, couches, coffee table, entertainment center and this past anniversary we just purchased (a few months late) a dining room table, chairs and buffet.  I am thankful to my handy husband for putting all these pieces together (Trent and I did help).  Our dining room looks great.  As I said before, I still can't bear to part with our hutch, so that is still in the room. We have a storage issue in our house, so the hutch is needed to store my teacups, china and other keepsakes. It's so fun to get new stuff.  Every time I walk in the dining room I admire it.
Our new dining room table.

The hutch against the wall...I can't get rid of it just yet.
Our new buffet.

No comments:

Post a Comment